Thursday, February 6, 2014

What's in your Yoga ibrary?

My personal reference yoga library.

I thought I would share with you some of the reference books and other resources I regularly read and consult.  I will list them in the order I acquired them as that in itself tells the story of my yoga journey.  I would love to hear from you what books or other yoga references have influenced your yoga story.

  1. Autobiography of a Yogi
  2. You Can Heal your Life by Louise L. Hay
  3. Yoga and the Path of the Urban Mystic by Darren Main
  4. Miracles Through Pranic healing by Master Choa Kok Sui
  5. many many back issues of Yoga international and Yoga Journal generously given to me by a fellow yogini here in Costa Rica, Janine Farrad
  6. Thirumoolar's Ashtanga Yoga by Dr. Asana Andiappan
  7. The Art and Science of Raja Yoga by Swami Kriyananda
  8. Yoga Anatomy by Kamnoff
  9. Yoga for Kids by Liz Lark
  10. Yoga for Real Women by Megan Garia
  11. The yoga sutras of Patanjali, translation and commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda
  12. Cool Yoga Tricks by Miriam Ausin
  13. Stretch Exercises for your Horse by Karin Blignault
  14. Getting in TTouch;  Understand and Influence your Horse's Personality by Linda Tellington-Jones
  15. Chair Yoga by Edeltraud Rohnfeld
  16. Tantric Yoga and the Wisdom Goddesses:  Spiritual Secrets of Aurveda, by Frawley
  17. The Jewel in the Lotus, edited by Raghavan Iyer  ( thanks to the best sister-in-law in the world, Sally for sharing her copy with me first)
  18. Light on Yoga and Light on Pranayama by BKS Iyengar
  19. Asana Pranayama Mudra bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
  20. Therapeutic Yoga by Dr. J.T. Shah
  21. Yogajournal.com
  22. Yoga yak.com
  23. my yogini daughter, Kiran and my eldest daughter Harpal for her wisdom, and my son Devindar for his inspiring music:  all my children have taught me lasting life lessons that I deeply value.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment